HURRY! Our 45th Anniversary Sale Ends August 28.

Travel Documentation Requirements

All guests traveling across any international boundary are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including any required visas, and for complying with the laws of each country flown from (the departure country), through (any transit country) and into (the destination country). Travel documentation requirements and rules can be confusing and can change without notice.

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that all guests travel with a passport that is valid for at least six (6) months after their cruise. This greatly assists guests who may need to fly out of the United States to meet their ship at the next available port should they miss their scheduled embarkation in a US port; guests entering the US at the end of their cruise; and guests needing to fly to the US before their cruise ends, because of medical, family, personal or business emergencies, missing a ship's departure from a port of call, involuntary disembarkation from a ship due to misconduct, or other reasons.

Guests who do not possess the proper documentation may be prevented from boarding their flight or ship or from entering a country and may be subject to fines. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.

For additional passport information, visit the US Department of State (www.travel.state.gov).

We recommend CIBT for Visa and Passport processing: Click Here

View Online Vacation Center's General Terms and Conditions: Click Here


ALL persons, including US citizens, traveling internationally by air are required to present a valid passport to enter (or re-enter) the United States. This includes travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda.


• For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.
• US citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the US) will be able to enter or depart the country with a birth certificate (original or a certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency.
• In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or a certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency is required.
• A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.
• A US citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or notarized or certified copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS, or Certificate of Naturalization issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
• US lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status.


A valid passport is required; visas are required where they apply. This includes Europe, Asia, Central and South America. In addition to your passport, it is recommended that you bring with you a second official form of identification, such as a driver's license or identification card.


You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the US, you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.


It is the customer's responsibility to identify and obtain the required visas before travel.


Citizens from the Visa Waiver Program countries of: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom seeking to enter the United States will be required to have in their possession a machine readable passport valid for the duration of the voyage. A machine readable passport is one having an alphanumeric code on the bottom of the picture page and contains certain biographical data. Travelers from the VWP countries seeking to enter the United States will be required to have in their possession the following:

Nationals of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, and Slovakia require e-Passports. Nationals of other VWP countries:
• Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended on or after 10/26/06: e-Passports, otherwise a visa will be required.
• Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06: e-Passports or a passport with a digital photograph printed on the data page, otherwise a visa will be required.
• Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended before 10/26/05: no further requirements.

Effective July 1, 2009, all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) emergency or temporary passports must be electronic passports (e-Passports) to be eligible for travel to the United States without a visa under the VWP.


Vaccinations are recommended in some countries; in others, they are required. The Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization provide guidelines for each country's specific immunization requirements. Please be sure to check with your health-care professional for guidance regarding vaccinations.

Yes, I would like to receive savings from Online Vacation Center!

Sign up to Save

It's Easy and FREE!

Don't miss out on any of our amazing specials and exclusive offers! Online Vacation Center will send them right to your inbox. All you have to do is sign up with us today.

  • Early access to the best deals
  • Exclusive offers just for you
  • Secret sales and specials
  • Value Inclusive Packges
We hold high-producing agent status with every major supplier...